The Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is the biggest student association in Europe. It was born on the 16th of October 1989 and legally registered in 1990 for supporting and developing student exchange. We are present in more than 800 Higher Education Institutions from 40 countries. The network is constantly developing and expanding. We have around 15,000 active members that are in many sections supported by so called “buddies”, whose main task is to act as mentors for international students. Thus, ESN involves over 34,000 young people offering its services to around 200,000 international students every year. ESN works for the creation of a more mobile and flexible education environment by supporting and developing student exchange as well as providing an intercultural experience also to those students who cannot access a period abroad (“internationalisation at home”).
ESN SUA Nitra
Our section is the oldest and biggest one of 2 sections present in Nitra. The average number of our incoming Erasmus students is around 120 per year, and this number has been increasing during the last years. The main aim of our section is to provide the Buddy system service and other social activities. During our existence we have organized a lot of trips and social events, which were successful and awarded by our Erasmus students. All members of ESN SUA Nitra are always ready to help. The most important for us is to feel ESN SPIRIT.. :)
Enrichment of society through international students.
ESN is the key volunteer student organisation in international higher education in Europe. We provide opportunities for cultural understanding and selfdevelopment under the principle of SHS - students helping students.
- ESN works in the interest of international students.
- ESN works to improve the social and practical integration of international students.
- ESN represents the needs and rights of international students on the local, national and international level.
- ESN provides relevant information about mobility programmes.
- ESN motivates students to study abroad.
- ESN works with the reintegration of homecoming students.
- ESN contributes to the improvement of different mobility programmes.
- ESN cares about its members.
- ESN values volunteering and active citizenship.
- Unity in diversity, diversity in the unity - we all have different backgrounds but share one common aim and goal.
- Students helping students - we passionately commit ourselves to volunteering for the benefit of others.
- Fun in friendship and respect - we encourage relations based on respect.
- International dimension of life - we are open-minded, mobile, like to discover and explore, to co-operate to interact and to break borders.
- Love for Europe as an area of peace and cultural exchange - we live and benefit from the cultural richness of Europe to the utmost.
- Openness with tolerance - we understand and accept others and learn from them.
- Cooperation in the integration - we share a holistic view towards internationality.